The extent of the person's injuries was not immediately known. Neighbors desperately tried to put out the flames with water hoses as they waited for help to arrive.
The fire broke out Tuesday night in a shed at a home on Denver and Rosecrans avenues. The blaze then spread to a backhouse that's now a total loss. Some animals were lost as well.
One neighbor credits his dog for barking and warning him to get out.
Investigators are looking into whether propane tanks in the shed are to blame for starting the fire.