The stores are expected to be closed by Feb. 20 because they are underperforming.
"While the decision to close a store is difficult -- given the impact on associates and customers -- Albertsons has a responsibility to do what is best for the long-term growth and success of the company as a whole," the company said in a statement.
Stores at the following locations will be closed:
- Whittier: 13003 Whittier Blvd.
- Long Beach: 450 Long Beach Blvd.
- Huntington Beach: 9051 Atlanta Blvd.
- Canyon Country (Santa Clarita): 18571 Soledad Canyon Road
- Woodland Hills: 22890 Victory Blvd.
- Moorpark: 475 West Los Angeles Ave.
- Valencia: 26850 North The Old Road
- Monrovia: 725 E. Huntington Drive
- Ontario: 1000 N. Mountain Ave.
- Chula Vista: 2310 Proctor Valley Road
- San Diego: 4421 University Ave.