The alleged victim, Michael Egan III, says the abuse started when he was 15 years old and continued until he was 17.
Egan says that he contacted the LAPD and the FBI back in 1999 when the alleged abuse took place. He says the LAPD and FBI did not take any action. The LAPD told Eyewitness News that they can't confirm contact was made because it would be kept confidential since it was a juvenile case.
The FBI released a statement saying, "The FBI takes seriously allegations involving the sexual abuse of minors. The suggestion that the FBI ignored evidence concerning the sexual victimization of a minor is completely without merit."
Egan, who is now 31, says he was an aspiring child actor when he was invited to house parties in Encino, hosted by one of Singer's business associates, Marc Collins-Rector, the former chairman of Digital Entertainment Network. Egan claims several young boys were sexually abused by a number of men, including Singer.
Egan says drugs were put in his drinks and liquor was poured down his throat. He says house rules included "no swimsuits or clothes out by the pool area."
"I was raped numerous times in that house by numerous individuals," said Egan. "You were like a piece of meat to these people."
Egan says he was flown to Hawaii on two occasions with the men who ran the party house in Encino. He claims he was sexually abused by Singer in Hawaii as well. He says Singer gave him drugs and alcohol and promised him roles in his movies.
"This goes from the bottom to the top of Hollywood. I've heard allegations of studio executives looking the other way when kids are brought on the lots, knowing that their lots are being used for basically grooming kids," said Egan's attorney, Jeff Herman.
Herman has filed a civil lawsuit against Singer in Hawaii because that state has temporarily suspended the statute of limitations when it comes to child sex abuse cases. Egan also sued the owner of the party house in 2001. He says recent trauma therapy has inspired him to take action against Singer.
Egan said he spent several years masking his pain by drinking. He stopped drinking within the last year, entered therapy, and sought out a lawyer who would pursue a case against the director.
Egan sued Singer on Wednesday and is seeking more than $75,000 on each of four accusations: intentional infliction of emotional distress, battery, assault and invasion of privacy.
Singer's attorney has denied the allegations.
"The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail," said attorney Marty Singer. " It is obvious that plaintiff's attorney is not looking to litigate the case on its merits. This matter is nothing more than the attorney seeking to get his 15 minutes of fame by sending out a press release with his 'media consultant' yesterday and following up with a press conference today. Attorneys who try cases don't hold press conferences."
Marty Singer said in an earlier statement on Wednesday that he thinks "it's obvious this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity at the time when Bryan's new movie is about to open in a few weeks."
Singer is the director of the upcoming film "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and directed previous films in the franchise, as well as the thriller "The Usual Suspects."
Herman said Thursday that he planned to file additional lawsuits in Hawaii against other Hollywood figures he said were responsible for abusing underage teens. The attorney would not say who else he planned to sue.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.