• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected

The attorney for a man who says he was raped by Bryan Singer is filing three new suits against other Hollywood moguls.
April 20, 2014 12:00:00 AM PDT
The attorney for a man who has accused director Bryan Singer of raping him when he was a teen announced that more Hollywood executives will be named in three new sex abuse lawsuits on Monday.

Michael Egan III's attorney, Jeff Herman, is slated to reveal the names of those executives at an afternoon news conference.

The allegations against Bryan Singer rocked the film industry last week. Egan, 31, is suing the Hollywood director and producer, claiming Singer raped him numerous times, starting when he was just 15 years old.

Last week, Herman pointed a vicious finger at the motion picture industry, accusing it of turning a blind eye to rampant pedophilia.

"Hollywood moguls, in particular, unfortunately in my investigation, have been using their positions of authority to exploit children sexually. And Hollywood's got a problem," Herman said.

The accusations against Singer, the man behind movies like "The Usual Suspects" and "The X-Men" series, are especially disturbing.

Egan claims Singer would lure him to sex-parties at an Encino mansion with promises of putting him in his movies, but would instead drug and molest him.

"I was raped numerous times in that house," Egan said. "I had drugs put in drinks, I had liquor poured down my throat. You were like a piece of meat to these people, and they'd just, they'd pass you around between them."

Singer's attorney is blasting the allegations. Attorney Martin Singer says his client has credit card receipts, phone records, and other evidence that shows his client was not even in Hawaii when some of the abuse is alleged to have occurred. He says he can also prove the director was working on a movie in Toronto at the time.


Load Comments