Miley Cyrus, John Legend and Jennifer Lopez are on the growing roster of musical acts set to perform at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards.
The show airs on Sunday, May 18 at 8 p.m. on ABC (check local listings) and will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Check out a full list of nominations here.
Nominees for the Billboard Music Awards are based on annual "key fan interactions with music, including album and digital singles sales, radio airplay, touring, streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VEVO, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music," according to Billboard, known for its music charts.
Take a look at the performers who have been announced so far for the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, find out what they're nominated for and what they could be performing that night below.
1. Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert - It was announced on May 7 that the country divas will perform a new duet titled "Somethin' Bad" during the ceremony. The song will be featured on Lambert's upcoming album "Platinum." Lambert is not nominated for an award, however, Underwood is a finalist for the Billboard Milestone Award, awarded to musicians who have achieved a notable chart milestone in the past year.
2. 5 Seconds of Summer - The Australian pop/rock band has gained notoriety after serving as the opening act for One Direction in their Take Me Home tour. The group will also serve as an opening act for the group this summer as part of their Where We Are Tour. They are perhaps best known for their single "She Looks So Perfect," which peaked within the top 50 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
3. Florida Georgia Line - The country duo is nominated for several awards, including Top Duo/Group, Top Country Artist, Top Country Album for "Here's To The Good Times" and Top Country song for their duet "Cruise" with rapper Nelly. The song has become a major crossover hit since its release, and the two have enjoyed a string of hits on the U.S. Country chart since their debut.
4. Imagine Dragons - Following the success of their debut album "Night Visions," the Las Vegas-born band is nominated in the Top Artist category, as well as in 11 additional others. The group, known for the hit singles "It's Time," "Radioactive" and "Demons," will begin a European tour in June 2014.
5. Jason Derulo - The pop singer is expected to perform his current hit single "Talk Dirty," which features rapper 2 Chainz. The song, which is included on the album by the same name, peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Derulo, who is dating former "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks, has also released the songs "The Other Side" and "Marry Me" off of his "Talk Dirty" album.
6. Jennifer Lopez - Lopez will take to the stage to perform the songs "We Are One (Ole Ola)" with Pitbull and "First Love," a track off of her upcoming new album "A.K.A." In addition to her performance, she will received the 2014 Icon Award, highlighting her more than 15-year career in the music industry.
7. John Legend - The R&B singer is currently riding the success of his current single "All of Me," which was included on his 2013 album "Love in the Future." The song, a romantic ballad inspired by his wife Chrissy Teigen, has peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
8. Katy Perry - The pop star, who is nominated for 10 Billboard Music Awards, will perform her new song "Birthday" for the first time.
9. Lorde - The New Zealand singer/songwriter is known for her No. 1 hit song "Royals," which is off her debut album "Pure Heroine." Earlier this year she took home two Grammy awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for "Royals." She is set to perform her new single "Tennis Court" at the ceremony and is up for awards in categories like Top New Artist, Top Female Artist, Top Hot 100 Artist, Top Digital Songs Artist, Top Radio Songs Artist, Top Rock Artist, Top Rock Album, Top Hot 100 Song, Top Digital Song, Top Radio Song, Top Streaming Song (Audio), and Top Rock Song.
10. Luke Bryan - The rising country superstar is nominated for seven awards, including Top Male Artist and Top Billboard 200 Artist. Bryan is coming off of the success of his album "Crash My Party," which debuted atop the Billboard 200 albums chart upon its release in 2013. It has yielded several hit singles including "Crash My Party" and "That's My Kind of Night."
11. Miley Cyrus - The controversial pop singer will take to the stage for her first American performance following a health crisis and tour delay in April. Cyrus is nominated for 10 awards, including Top Artist and Top Female Artist. The nominations stem from her successful 2013 musical comeback with the album "Bangerz," which has yielded the hit singles "We Can't Stop," "Wrecking Ball" and "Adore You."
12. OneRepublic - The pop/rock group, led by frontman Ryan Tedder, is nominated for two awards, including Top Duo/Group as well as Top Digital Song for the track "Counting Stars." The song, released in 2013, has gone on to peak at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and marks the band's biggest hit since their song "Apologize" hit the same spot in 2007.
13. Pitbull - The Latin rapper is nominated for two awards, including Top Rap Artist and Top Rap Song for his Kesha-assisted track "Timber." Pitbull released his most recent album "Global Warming" in 2012, which features the songs "Don't Stop The Party," "Feel This Moment" with Christina Aguilera and "Back in Time." In 2013, he released a follow-up EP titled "Meltdown," which features "Timber" and other new songs.
14. Ricky Martin - The Latin superstar recently completed a guest judging stint on the ABC series "Dancing With The Stars" during the show's "Latin night." He is expected to perform his new song "Vida," which is featured on the FIFA World Cup soundtrack.
15. Robin Thicke - The "Blurred Lines" singer is nominated for seven Billboard Music Awards. It is reported he will perform a new song at the ceremony.
16. Shakira - The Colombian pop star and part-time "The Voice" coach is promoting her new, self-titled album (read a review).
BONUS: Michael Jackson tribute performance: The Estate of Michael Jackson has created the spot that will "present the superstar like you've never seen him before." The late singer's posthumous album "XSCAPE" was released last week and features a produced duet with the King of Pop and Justin Timberlake (watch the music video). The latter singer has not been confirmed to appear at the Billboard Music Awards although he is one of the nominees.