• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Beyonce, Solange Knowles, Jay Z issue statement about elevator attack video

Solange Knowles and sister Beyonce and her husband Jay Z appear at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's 2014 Costume Institute Benefit gala, celebrating 'Charles James: Beyond Fashion,' in New York on May 5, 2014. (Richard Young / REX / Marion Curtis / Startraksphoto.com)

Beyonce, her sister Solange Knowles and husband Jay Z have broken their silence over the leaked surveillance video that shows her sibling attacking the rapper and producer in an elevator, saying that the two have apologized to one another.

The news comes hours after Solange, 27, posted a throwback photo of herself with Beyonce, 32, on Instagram. The statement did not reveal what spurred her to get physical but did acknowledge that the "unfortunate incident" took place on May 5, the day they attended the 2014 MET Ball. The video shows Solange grabbing at and kicking Jay Z, 44, as his wife stands nearby and was posted on TMZ on May 12. Since then, there has been speculation of a family feud.

"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident," the three said in a statement to the Associated Press on Thursday, May 15. "But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it."

"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred," they added. "They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."

The statement also added that "reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false."

"At the end of the day, families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family," the trio said. "We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."

The elevator attack occured inside the Standard hotel in New York and the person who recorded the leaked video has since been fired, the Associated Press added.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments