ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) --Thousands of runners from around the world descended upon Disneyland for the park's ninth annual half marathon.
About 12,000 people registered for the event, which sold out in less than 10 hours, according to a race official.
Runners come from all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and 24 foreign countries. They range from age 14 to 82.
"The Happiest Race on Earth" begins at Disney's California Adventure, heads through Disneyland, past Sleeping Beauty's Castle, onto Main Street U.S.A, before hitting the streets of Anaheim. The race continues towards the Honda Center, along the Santa Ana Trail, through Angel Stadium, before finishing near Disneyland Hotel.
Below is a list of street closures:
- 12:01-8 a.m.: Disneyland Drive between Ball Road and Paradise Way;
- 12:01-10:15 a.m., Magic Way between Disneyland Hotel Place and
- 5:00-10:15 a.m.: Disneyland Drive between Paradise Way and Katella
- 5:00-7:00 a.m.: Katella Avenue westbound from Disneyland Drive to
- 5:00-7:00 a.m.: Harbor Boulevard southbound from Katella Avenue to
- 5:15-8:00 a.m.: Ball Road eastbound from Disneyland Drive to Anaheim
- 5:15-8:15 a.m.: Anaheim Boulevard between Ball Road and Cerritos Avenue;
- 5:15-8:15 a.m.: Cerritos Avenue between Anaheim Boulevard and Lewis
- 5:15-8:15 a.m.: Lewis Street between Ball Road and Cerritos Avenue;
- 5:15-8:30 a.m.: Ball Road between Lewis Street and State College
- 5:15-8:30 a.m.: State College Boulevard between Ball Road and
- 5:15-8:40 a.m.: Cerritos Avenue between State College Boulevard and
- 5:15-8:45 a.m.: Douglass Road between Cerritos Avenue and Katella
- 5:15-9:30 a.m.: Gene Autry Way from Angel Stadium to Santa Cruz Street;
- 5:15-9:30 a.m.: Santa Cruz Street and Stanford Court between Gene
Autry Drive and Anaheim Way;
- 5:15-10:00 a.m.: South Anaheim Way between Katella Avenue and Disney
- 5:15-10:00 a.m.: Disney Way westbound from Anaheim Boulevard to
City News Service contributed to this report.