Southern California Edison worker electrocuted in Paramount

EMBED </>More News Videos

Workers with Southern California Edison comfort each other after one of their co-workers was electrocuted in Paramount on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016.

A Southern California Edison worker was electrocuted in Paramount while working to repair storm-damaged power lines on Wednesday.

The Los Angeles County Fire Department said it responded to 15500 California Avenue at about 5:20 p.m. for an electric shock patient.

"He was a troubleman, they're our first responders. They're the ones who go out when there is a service interruption and try to get the lights back on," Steve Conroy with Southern California Edison explained.

An eyewitness told ABC7 there were wet conditions and the man was in a basket crane working.

While working, the man slipped and fell into a power line, according to the eyewitness.

His colleagues worked frantically to try to free the man from the power line, but it was too late.

"We're facing a tragedy this evening. The Edison family is in a tough spot this evening," Conroy said.

Edison said it has hired a contractor crew to continue the cleanup of the area where the worker died so his colleagues don't have to.
Related Topics:
newsedisonelectrocutionworker shockedlos angeles county fire departmentlos angeles county sheriff's departmentParamountLos Angeles County
(Copyright ©2016 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments