CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) --Fire officials are lifting the evacuation orders Sunday evening in the areas affected by the Calabasas Old Fire.
The fire is considered 80 percent contained as of Sunday afternoon, Los Angeles County Fire Department officials said. The Old Fire did not damage any homes or cause any injuries to firefighters on Sunday, officials said.
It burned through 516 acres and damaged some access bridges, outbuilding sheds.
The flames also fully destroyed the main office building for the Mountain Restoration Trust, but no one was injured.
"Furniture and desks and things like that, that all can be replaced," said Debbie Sharpton, executive director of the Mountain Restoration Trust. "There was nobody here, nobody hurt. So we will rebuild."
The fire began when a truck hit a power pole in the 2300 block of Mulholland Highway, officials said. The pole was knocked over, causing a transformer to explode and spark three separate fires under hot, dry conditions.
Nearly 5,000 people had been evacuated as the flames came close to homes in Calabasas and Topanga Canyon.
"With the hundreds of homes that we had in threat, the fact that we had no damage is definitely a very positive effort by the residents of Calabasas and Topanga and of course the firefighters that were in there trying to save those structures," said Deputy Chief John Tripp with the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
Local residents praised the work of firefighters for not letting a single home suffer damage.
"It was really a harrowing experience," said local resident Barry Harmell. "But thank God for this wonderful fire department. They are just the best."