• BREAKING NEWS Officials provide updates about fatal tour bus crash near Palm Springs - WATCH LIVE

Family of Fullerton victims struggling to make sense of triple homicide

EMBED </>More News Videos

The family and friends of three people killed in Fullerton are trying to understand the murders and have set up a GoFundMe page to help the Yost family's 6-year-old and 9-year-old daughters.

With two of the three suspects in a triple homicide in Fullerton due in court Tuesday, the family and friends are struggling to make sense of the killings.

"Senseless," said Angela Major, whose son Christopher Yost was one of the victims. "I don't understand this. This is the kind of stuff that happens on TV. Doesn't happen here."

On Saturday, police responded to a Fullerton home after receiving a 911 call from a 6-year-old girl that her parents had died.

They found the bodies of Yost, 34, his wife Jennifer Goodwill Yost, 39, and their friend, Arthur Boucher, 28. The Yosts' daughters, ages 6 and 9, were unharmed.

Major and other family members put up signs and hugged at a growing memorial outside the Yost home. They all are asking why anyone would target this family.

"He's the first person that would help anyone in need, both of them, no questions asked," said Amy Rutherford, Christopher Yost's sister. "He would be there to help you. It's just ridiculous."

Police have announced the booking charges of murder and conspiracy for the three suspects under arrest - Joshua Acosta, 21, of Fort Irwin, Frank Felix, 25, of Sun Valley and a 17-year-old female arrested Sunday. Because she is a juvenile, police did not release the name of the third suspect.

After the killings, police said the Yosts' daughter, 17-year-old Katlynn Goodwill Yost, was missing. They announced on Sunday she had been found. They then announced the arrest of a 17-year-old juvenile in connection with the murder, but under state law they said they could not confirm whether that was Katlynn.

"It was an extremely traumatic scene," said Fullerton Police Sgt. Jon Radus. "All three individuals that were killed did suffer extremely traumatic injuries."

The family's focus is now shifting to the Yosts' 6-and-9-year-old daughters. A GoFundMe page has been started to help pay for funeral expenses and care for the girls.

Acosta and Felix are both scheduled to make their first court appearances Tuesday. Bail has been set at $1 million each.
Related Topics:
newshomicidemurdercourt caseFullertonOrange County
(Copyright ©2016 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments