Derrick Rose rape accuser takes the stand in $21M lawsuit trial

EMBED </>More News Videos

NBA star Derrick Rose is being sued for $21 million for an alleged rape. (KABC)

The woman who has accused NBA star Derrick Rose and two of his friends of rape took the stand in a Los Angeles courtroom on Thursday.

On the stand, the accuser acknowledged she had gaps in her memory from that night in August 2013. She said she had been drinking vodka and tequila and went to a party with Rose and his codefendants at the basketball player's Beverly Hills home.

She said she believes that a drink she had at the party was spiked because of the way she felt later that night.

Hours later, she said, the defendants were in her bedroom at her apartment, uninvited, and she had apparently had sex with them but her memory was blurred.

Rose's lawyer showed the defendant text messages from earlier that day indicating she was trying to get her ex-boyfriend back.

She also acknowledged she waited two years after the alleged rape before filing the $21 million lawsuit and longer before reporting it to police, saying she didn't want anyone, especially her family, to know.

Rose, 28, and his friends Ryan Allen and Randall Hampton have denied the rape accusations in the lawsuit and say they had consensual sex with the woman.

Rose now plays for the New York Knicks, but was with the Chicago Bulls for the first eight years of his career, including during the time of the alleged rape. He is expected to take the stand Friday.
Related Topics:
newsNew York KnicksChicago BullsrapelawsuitNBAtrialLos AngelesBeverly Hills
(Copyright ©2016 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments