LOS ANGELES (KABC) --Navigating through traffic in Southern California can be burdensome enough, add in the Thanksgiving rush and it can be a nightmare before Christmas.
To help out, Waze studied past holiday traffic patterns to determine the best and worst times to travel around Thanksgiving.
Here are the results, according to Waze:
- Tuesday - Increase in traffic between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m., with the highest amount of cars on the road at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday - High increase of traffic between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., with the highest peak at 3 p.m.
- Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) - Low usage all day, especially in the morning.
- Friday and Saturday - Low usage, great days to drive.
- Sunday - Small increase in usage, but 40 percent increase in traffic jam alerts and 30 percent increase in hazard alerts, the highest all week.
- Monday - Small increase in morning and evening usage.