LOS ANGELES (KABC) --Protesters for and against President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban on citizens from seven predominantly Muslim countries gathered Saturday at Los Angeles International Airport, just as the government suspended enforcement of the ban.
Those against the ban rallied starting at 11 a.m. and pro-ban demonstrators started to show their support at noon. Both groups protested at the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
"He's engaging in constitutional effective practices. He's doing his job protecting Americans. He is just fulfilling his promises as our president," pro-ban supporter Arthur Schaper said.
After a massive protest last weekend at the airport, protesters continued to make their voices heard.
"I think it says that we know the truth and we know what's right. We're going to fight for what's right and we're going to fight for our brothers and sisters," protester Judy Eisenstein said.
Authorities said both sides remained peaceful throughout the day and evening. No arrests had been made.
Following days of demonstrations with 4,000 to 7,000 protesters at LAX, airport police released a statement saying they're expecting even more at the airport throughout the weekend and asked demonstrators to remain peaceful and respectful.
"The safety and security of LAX and our airports is our sole focus - and that means protecting the traveling public, airport employees and protesters alike," Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association President Marshall McClain stated in part.
Police said Saturday afternoon marchers were on the sidewalk on the lower arrival level, and traffic around the LAX Central Terminal area was flowing normally. All flight operations were also operating normally, without interruptions from the protests.
Still, airport officials advised passengers to plan ahead and monitor the Twitter pages @FlyLAXairport and @LAAirportPD for updates on real-time airport conditions.
The protests come as the State Department Saturday announced it reversed the cancellations of visas for foreigners after a federal judge put on hold Trump's executive order on immigration.
The department had said up to 60,000 foreigners from seven majority-Muslim countries had their visas "provisionally revoked" to comply with Trump's order blocking them from traveling to the United States.
The department says it acted to reinstate the visas after getting word from the Justice Department about the judge's ruling Friday in Washington state.
For now, the department says people covered by the order and holding a valid visa may now travel to the United States.
Another demonstration focusing on the reinstatement of the construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines will be held Sunday in downtown L.A.
City News Service and the Associated Press contributed to this report.