MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (KABC) --
A report of a shooting at rapper Lil Wayne's Florida home was determined to be a "swatting" hoax, police said on Wednesday.Officers responded to the home after an unknown person called a police non-emergency line at 12:40 p.m., claiming that four people had been shot at the waterfront home on an exclusive Miami Beach island.
The responding officers, including a heavily armed SWAT team, found no evidence of a shooting, no victims and no gunman.
Miami Beach police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said the owner of the home, Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter, was not there at the time.
Miami Beach police tweeted that the incident was a result of a "swatting call" and there were no injuries, adding that the department handles all such calls "in a serious manner."
#UPDATE unfortunately this appears to be a "Swatting" call. No victims /no injuries /no subject at 94 LaGorce.
— Miami Beach Police (@MiamiBeachPD) March 11, 2015
MBPD handles all calls of this nature in a serious manner . In this case it appears to have be a hoax @ #LiLWaynes home . #Swatting
— Miami Beach Police (@MiamiBeachPD) March 11, 2015
"We can say for sure it was a hoax," said Miami Beach police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez. "It's not a laughing matter."
Lil Wayne's record label Young Money took to Twitter and said the artist is "okay."
Wayne is okay. Wasn't home during alleged events.
— Young Money (@YoungMoneySite) March 11, 2015
Young Money president Mack Maine also tweeted about the incident.
Everybody good on our side...thanks for the concern
— Mack Maine (@mackmaine) March 11, 2015
Property records show the eight-bedroom, 10-bath home was most recently assessed at $9.4 million.
