ABC7 Los Angeles is seeking News Assistants for part-time employment within the news department in support of the daily production of news and other content across all platforms for Eyewitness News. This is an entry level position that will introduce you to the inner workings of a top newsroom. This position is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis
- Running teleprompter for all live and recorded newscasts, in-studio shoots, sports shows, etc.
- Pulling file video for reporters and newscasts
- Updating, printing and delivering scripts to talent for newscasts
- Logging video for news conferences, awards shows, pursuits, etc.
- Supporting the assignment desk, following up on tips or leads, answering phones, making calls as needed
- Setting up and recording zoom interviews
- Assist Digital team with clipping video from newscasts for website
- Provide additional newsroom support and handle duties as assigned
- Provide support in the field for live events, parades, on-location shows, etc.
- Must be able to work a minimum 3 days a week
- Must be willing to work various shifts as needed, including early morning, overnight, weekends and holidays
- Ability to use social media like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc. to help research stories
- Ability to work quickly and under continuous deadlines required
- Minimum of one year prior experience, either through an internship or college newsroom
- Prior newsroom internship experience or college newsroom experience
- College degree or current college attendance required (senior year preferred)
The pay rate for this role in Los Angeles is $17/hour.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.