LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A powerful storm moving through Southern California has knocked out power to about 61,000 customers in Los Angeles on Friday.
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power said its crews were working quickly to restore the power.
DOWNLOAD: The free ABC7 Los Angeles app for weather coverage on-the-go
As of 4 p.m., the LADWP said these were the neighborhoods experiencing the most outages:
- 8,000 customers without power in Del Rey
- 6,400 customers without power in Green Meadows
- 3,300 customers without power in Sherman Oaks
- 3,200 customers without power in Larchmont
- 3,055 customers without power in Canoga Park
The LADWP urged residents to use caution near downed or dangling power lines or poles. If you see a downed wire, you should assume it is live and immediately call 911. Never touch a downed power line.
MORE: Storm soaks roads, shuts down streets in Southern California
For more information about the outages, click here.
Los Angeles power outage impacts 61K customers
More TOP STORIES News