HOUSTON -- Simply Right baby wipes from Sam's Club have been recalled after the wipes were found to have bacteria that can make kids sick.
Sam's Club stopped selling the wipes after the manufacturer, Nutek Disposables, Inc., found that the packages have B. cepacia bacteria. According to Sam's Club, the bacteria could make children with chronic health problems or a weakened immune system more susceptible to infections.
It's something parents of even healthy kids say they do not want anywhere near their kids.
"This is so terrible. I don't even want to think about it, the thought just makes me cringe," parent Courtlyn Williams said.
The recall is not being ordered by the FDA. Sam's Club is voluntarily recalling the affected product, which was sold since June of this year.
The company says, "We're communicating with members who have recently purchased the item so they understand the quality concerns and can return their product to Sam's Club for a full refund."
Parents may also want to alert staff members at their child's daycare centers to see if the recalled wipes are used there.
Sam's Club recalls 'Simply Right' baby wipes due to potentially harmful bacteria