The concern brought by the cold weather is that the runoff from recent rains will freeze, creating black ice.
- Slideshow: Viewers send in storm photos
- Forecast: Get the latest weather with Dallas Raines
- Gregory: Santa Claria residents keep warm
Local residents said they are dealing with the chilly temperatures the best way they can.
"Well I have on a sweatshirt under the zip-up sweatshirt, gloves, that's about it. Coming out of a warm bed into the cold weather, it's not fun in the mornings," said Santa Clarita resident Lynn De La Cruz.
Classes remain canceled at Rim of the World Unified School District, Palmdale School District and Snowline Unified School District.
Estimated time for reopening these routes is unknown and dependent on improved weather conditions
- Golden State Freeway (Interstate 5) through the Grapevine has reopened with CHP escort
- 14 Freeway: Southbound connector to Southbound I-5 closed from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. through 12/19
- State Route 18 is closed from Big Bear Dam east approximately 1 mile due to disabled big rig. Chains are required on all vehicles from 189 junction to San Bernardino National Forest.
Check the Calif. Dept. of Transportation for further details.
- LIVE Doppler: Southland overview
- LIVE Doppler: North of L.A.
- LIVE Doppler: South of L.A.
- LIVE Doppler: Orange County
- LIVE Doppler: Riverside County
- LIVE Doppler: San Bernardino County
- LIVE Doppler: Ventura County
- Get instant access to breaking news, weather, videos, and photos! Add the FREE abc7.com widget to your blog or social networking page
- Get more L.A. breaking news, weather, traffic and sports
- Have a news tip? Send your tips, video, or pictures