So romantics take heart, if cash is an issue, one local chef is dishing on how to make his decadent chocolate dessert in the comfort of your own home.
"Chocolate in the cup is just baked chocolate cake inside a cup. You'll also need vanilla bean ice cream, banana foam, and Nutella," said Chef Brian Redzikowski.
The best part of the dessert is that it is laced with beautiful imported chocolate.
"It's a little disk, and as soon as it hits the cup, it just melts right in," said Chef Redzikowski.
At Bond Street in Beverly Hills Chef Redzikowski's special dessert cost $9. And it is the exotic Madagascar chocolate that makes it unique.
"Madagascar is full of citrus. It also gives it a very unique taste," said Chef Redzikowski.
But with just a few substitutions you can make a similar version at home.
"With the same chocolate cake you can use any types of chocolates. Instead of powder you can just use Nutella. The flavor will still be there," said Chef Redzikowski.
You can also save by using store brand ice cream and regular chocolate chips. Test taster Marilynne Mungovan had no problem with the new options.
"This is so good," said Mungovan.
And not only will you only be spending about $3, you wont be slaving away in the kitchen. This little cup of love takes just about a 30 minutes to make.
CUP OF LOVE RECIPE:
This makes 2 servings of the Chocolate Cups:
- 4 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 oz. Nutella
- 1/2 banana for each cup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Madagascar Vanilla Bean for each cup
- 1 oz. sugar
- 1 oz. butter
- 2 extra large eggs each cup
- Vanilla Bean ice cream (small scoop)
- Organic chocolate chips $1.32 (to bring cost down further, generic or store brand may be used)
- Nutella $0.80
- Banana $0.01 (Chef says you can use any fruit you like, but banana is fabulous)
- Organic whole milk $0.07 (to bring cost down, store brand milk may be substituted)
- Madagascar vanilla bean $0.47
- Sugar $0.03
- Butter $0.22
- Extra large eggs $0.02
- Vanilla Bean ice cream $1.60
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET