- Create or save 3.5 million jobs over the next two years
- provide nearly 40 % of the package in direct relief to working and middle class families
- double renewable energy generating capacity over three years
- Creates a Clean Energy Finance Authority and Renewable Tax Credits that together will leverage an additional $100 billion in private investment in the renewables sector
- Make a $150 billion investment in our nation's infrastructure - the largest investment since the interstate highway system in the 1950s
- Protect health care coverage for millions of Americans during this recession.
- Enact the most significant expansion in tax cuts for low- and moderate- income households ever
IMPACT ON WORKING FAMILIES
- 129 Million Working Households will Receive a Tax Cut, about 95% of All Working Households.
- A True Working Family Tax Cut: 70% of the tax benefits in the recovery act go to the middle 60% of workers.
- Provides more than $150 billion to low-income and vulnerable households - spurring increased economic activity that will save or create more than 1 million jobs.
- 1/250th as much Benefit to the Top 1 percent as the tax cuts of George Bush
- Largest After-Tax Income Increases to the Bottom 40% of Workers
- Provides more than $150 billion to low-income and vulnerable households - spurring increased economic activity that will save or create more than 1 million jobs
- Ensures that a family working full-time can raise their children above the poverty line
- Preventing teacher layoffs and education cuts in every state.
- Investing in Early Head Start and Head Start - programs that work. Doubling the number of children in Early Head Start and expanding Head Start.
- Providing enough funding to support quality child care for an additional 150,000 children and keep 200,000 children from being dropped from care.
- Providing a new higher education tax cut to nearly 4 million students.
- Increasing college affordability for more 7 million students by funding the shortfall in Pell Grants and increasing the maximum award level by $500.
- Investing in data systems to improve student achievement
- Maintaining key education reforms during the economic downturn
- Building a bigger, better, smarter grid - modernizing the nation's electricity grid will result in more than 3,000 miles of new or modernized transmission lines.
- The plan will also create a smarter grid and deploy 40 million "Smart Meters" in American homes, upgrading transmission and distribution technologies that have not significantly changed in a half century. A smarter way to deliver electricity to consumers can lower utility bills, reduce power outages and enable more cutting edge renewable and electric vehicle technologies.
- Increasing energy efficiency - by reducing federal government energy use, slashing the federal government's energy bill by 25 percent.
- Increasing low -income weatherization funding
- Providing energy efficiency grants to the states
- Green jobs training
- Accelerating Adoption of Health IT Systems to Modernize the Health Care System, Save Billions of Dollars, Reduce Medical Errors and Improve Quality.
- Protecting Health Care Coverage for Millions of Americans During This Recession.
- Providing Health Care Coverage for 7 Million Americans.
- $1 billion investment in Evidence-Based Prevention for Americans.
- $500 million in Strengthening the Health Workforce
- $10 billion in Investments into the National Institutes of Health
- $1.1 billion investments into Comparative Effectiveness Research.
- $2 billion investments into Community Health Centers
- $500 million to modernize Indian Health Services
- $50 million to the Health and Human Services for IT Security
- Investing Over $17 Billion in Public Transit and High-Speed Rail to Reduce Our Dependence on Foreign Oil
- Safeguarding the Roads, Bridges, Dams, Ports, Rail and Water Systems Our Families Use Everyday with a Historic $40 Billion, Two-Year Investment Expanding Broadband Access throughout America
- $10 billion to expand the availability of affordable housing to address the effect of foreclosures in hardest-hit communities
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET