To get all the stations back, you will need to do what is called a "double re-scan" to clear your box's memory of saved channels. There are five simple steps to do this:
- Disconnect the antenna from the box or digital TV.
- Re-scan the box or /*digital TV*/ without the antenna connected. Be sure to follow the onscreen instructions or the owner's manual, as every device is a little bit different.
- Unplug the box or digital TV from the electrical outlet for at least one minute.
- Reconnect the antenna to the box or digital TV and plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
- Rescan the box or digital TV to get back all of your lost stations.
The location of an indoor antenna is essential and if you're having problems getting reception. You may need to move the antenna to another location.
The /*FCC*/ recommends putting your antenna as high as possible and near a window. They also suggest placing it away from other electronic equipment, including computers and DVD players. In addition, try to change the direction the antenna is facing. In some cases, you might need a rooftop antenna. You may need to re-scan your converter boxes after moving your antenna.
If you could still use some help making the transition from analog to digital, ABC7 has set up a hotline. For assistance call (866) 620-8913.