Fresh Food Concepts, Inc. of Buena Park, Calif., is pulling the products off the shelves because the avocado may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections.
The Food and Drug Administration said a routine sampling program found that the avocado used in the dip contained the bacteria.
The products were distributed nationwide through retail supermarkets and club stores. All affected products have the "use by" date of Sept.16, 2011 and before.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled products are urged to discard them or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Anyone with questions can contact the company at (714) 562-5000, ext. 134, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.
Recalled layer dip products:
- Fresh Food Concepts 5 Layer Dip, 32 oz - UPC Code 29358-11272
- Delicioso 5 Layer Dip, 15 oz - UPC Code 29358-12229
- Delicioso 5 Layer Dip, 30 oz - UPC Code 29358-12230
- Rojo's Ultimate 7 Layer Dip, 36 oz - UPC Code 35196-44162
- Fresh Food Concepts 5 Layer Dip, 16 oz - UPC Code 35196-44216
- Rojo's Supreme 6 Layer Dip, 44 oz - UPC Code 47502-44180
- Rojo's 6 Layer Dip, 44 oz - UPC Code 47502-44185
- Rojo's 6 Layer Dip, 44 oz - UPC Code 47502-44189
- Fresh Food Concepts 5 Layer Dip, 454 g - UPC Code 35196-44214
- Signature Café 6 Layer Dip, 15 oz - UPC Code 21130-06191
- Signature Café 6 Layer Dip, 30 oz - UPC Code 21130-06192
- Signature Café 6 Layer Dip, 425 g - UPC Code 58200-06034
- Signature Café 6 Layer Dip, 850 g - UPC Code 58200-06032