Woman swallows pen in 1980s, still works


The British Medical Journal Case Reports posted pictures of the pen inside the 76-year-old woman's stomach.

She was seeing a specialist for stomach-related problems when a doctor noticed the pen in a CT scan.

The woman said she had been poking her tonsils when she accidentally swallowed it in the mid-1980s.

The pen was removed from her stomach although doctors say it wasn't causing problems. Amazingly the felt-tip pen could still write after it was removed.

Copyright © 2023 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.