Los Angeles firefighters and hazmat crews were on scene at about 8:30 a.m. Friday at the 3400 block of South McClintock Avenue, working to turn off the leaking gas near the track and practice field.
About 20 firefighters fought the blaze with flames reaching up to 10 feet high at times.
The line was damaged by a construction crew working in the area. Fire officials said one of the workers was treated for minor burns.
After about an hour, the gas company was able to shut off the leaking gas. There were no evacuations or outages due to the leak.