Flames broke out shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday in the elevator room on the roof and spread to the attic. It took nearly 100 firefighters almost 45 minutes to put the fire out.
One resident says she was sleeping at the time and was woken up by her grandmother.
"I took any long pajamas I had and I ran downstairs to the exit, and I was waiting in the swimming pool and I found the lobby and I escaped with my family," said resident Alice Jung.
Three units on the third floor suffered fire and water damage, and several units below suffered water damage. No one was hurt.