Moreno Valley police say the child was taken to a local hospital on the night of Nov. 2 after exhibiting symptoms of someone who had ingested an illegal drug. Earlier in the evening, the child had been playing with other kids at a neighbor's house.
Officers say they investigated the incident and discovered that the child may have eaten candy that was tampered with. Police believe the candy was collected while trick-or-treating on Halloween night in the 25000 block of Calabria Way. There have been no other reports of anyone else becoming sick from eating the candy.
Parents are being reminded to tell their children not to eat candy or other treats until they are properly inspected.