The Food and Drug Administration says USPlabs of Dallas is recalling OxyElite pro products because they're believed to contain impurities. The dietary supplement is used for weight loss and muscle-building.
Investigators have linked the products to dozens of hepatitis and liver failure cases in Hawaii and other states.
The FDA says one person died, another needed a liver transplant and others are now awaiting transplants.
The recall was initiated after the FDA sent the company a letter stating that the products have been linked to liver illnesses.
The products involved in the recall include:
OxyElite Pro Super Thermo capsules
- two count capsules UPC #094922417275
- 10 count capsules UPC #094922417251
- 10 count capsules UPC #094922417268
- 21 count capsules UPC #094922426604
- 90 count capsules UPC #094922395573
- 90 count capsules "Pink label" UPC #094922447906
- 180 count capsules UPC #094922447852
OxyElite Pro Ultra-Intense Thermo capsules
- three count capsules UPC #094922447883
- three count capsules UPC #094922447876
- 90 count capsules UPC #094922395627
- 180 count capsules UPC #094922447869
OxyElite Pro Super Thermo Powder
- Fruit Punch 0.15 oz UPC #094922417237
- Fruit Punch 0.15 oz UPC #094922447517
- Fruit Punch 4.6 oz UPC #094922426369
- Fruit Punch 5 oz. UPC #094922447487
- Blue Raspberry 4.6 oz UPC #094922426376
- Grape Bubblegum 4.6 oz UPC #094922447500
- Green Apple 4.6 oz. UPC #094922426499
For more information, visit www.fda.gov.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.