LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you're going to be one of the millions of people shopping on Black Friday, you'll want to pay attention to this: Here's a look at what you'll want to buy right now and what you should probably skip.
WHAT TO BUY ON BLACK FRIDAY:
- Apple products - big box stores will be offering big discounts on older models.
- Gaming systems - bundles in particular offer good deals.
MORE: Top 10 stores for Black Friday deals
- Electronics - TVs, tablets, smartphones and home appliances usually see some big discounts.
- Travel deals - keep an eye out for deals on hotel rooms, airfare and even ski lift tickets.
MORE: Here's your shopping guide to Black Friday, Cyber Monday deals
WHAT TO SKIP ON BLACK FRIDAY:
- Toys - prices will drop dramatically in the days before Christmas.
- Christmas decorations - ideally buy decorations after Christmas for the deepest discounts. But if you can't wait, prices will be slashed closer to the 25th.
- Winter clothing and bedding - wait until spring for winter clothes and January for bedding.
- Mail-in rebates - unless you're really good about filling out paperwork and you're able to wait to receive the rebate in the mail -- avoid the rebates.
MORE: Savvy shopper's guide to navigate Black Friday madness
Black Friday: What to buy now, what to skip