NEW YORK -- A lawsuit has been filed after a woman claimed she bit into a fish at a Manhattan restaurant and discovered a metal hook inside.
According to the suit, Vincent and Aliona Russo were having dinner last August at Villagio on the Park, an Italian restaurant on Central Park South.
The couple said Ms. Russo ordered a whole branzino, and felt something unusual when she bit into it.
"Removing the remnants of the piece of fish from her mouth, she was shocked" to observe the hook, said the couple's attorney Jay Dankner. "As other guests at the table looked on in awe, they documented the fact that the fish had been prepared and served with a large hook inside of it."
The suit claims Ms. Russo was injured physically and psychologically and accuses the restaurant of being "negligent, careless and reckless in its inspection, cooking, preparation and service of the fish."
According to the lawsuit, the "plaintiffs demand judgment against the defendant on all causes of action in an amount commensurate with the injuries and damages sustained herein, together with interest, disbursements, and costs of this action."