That same son has caused Tonya Graham, who was dubbed "hero mom," another headache. He nearly burned down their home Saturday, which left them homeless.
Her son, Michael Singleton, said he stepped away from frying chicken tenders to go to the bathroom and came back to the kitchen up in flames.
"Then it started bursting out in flames, so my first instinct was to grab some water and try to put it out," he said.
But the water made the grease fire grow, causing the flames to reach the ceiling. Graham doesn't have insurance, but set up a GoFundMe page.
The good news is she raised more than $51,000 in a day. null