Lyft said its drivers will take evacuees from the Thomas Fire, Creek Fire, Skirball Fire and any other wildfire to designated evacuation centers. All riders have to do is use the code LASAFERIDES and it will be free up to $40.
The following evacuation centers are where Lyft drivers will take residents:
- Ventura County Fairgrounds
- Nordhoff High School
- Oxnard College Gymnasium
- Santa Paula Community Center
- Fillmore Veterans Memorial
- Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center
- Balboa Recreation Center
- Van Nuys Recreation Center
- Delano Park
- Cheviot Hills Recreation Center
The ride-share company said it will continue to reevaluate and update the list as more centers open.