Chatsworth High School students sickened by possibly laced candy

Firefighters responded to Chatsworth High School in the 10000 block of Lurline Avenue Wednesday March 11, 2015 after five students fell ill.

Five Chatsworth High School students were sickened after eating candy that may have been laced with something, Los Angeles Unified School District officials said.

Three students were transported to a local hospital by ambulance and two students were picked up by their parents, LAUSD said.

According to a preliminary investigation, one of the students shared candy with four of his friends. All five shortly fell ill.

The investigation is ongoing. No further details were immediately released.

Related Topics:
high schoolChatsworth
(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)