PETALUMA, Calif. (KABC) -- Amy's Kitchen has voluntarily recalled nearly 74,000 cases of its frozen meals containing spinach due to possible listeria contamination.
The Federal Drug Administration says a supplier notified the California-based organic and natural food company that they may have received organic spinach with the possible presence of listeria.
The products were made between January and March and distributed across the United States and Canada. The products affected include:
- Vegetable Lasagna, 12-pack, made Jan. 21, Jan. 30, Feb. 11 and March 4, with UPC 0-42272-00032-6
- Tofu Vegetable Lasagna, 12-pack, made Feb. 13, with UPC 0-42272-00033-3
- Garden Vegetable Lasagna, 12-pack, made Feb. 2, with UPC 0-42272-00041-8
- Tofu Scramble, 12-pack, made Jan. 30, with UPC 0-42272-00054-8
- Enchilada Verde Whole Meal, 12-pack, made Jan. 30, with UPC 0-42272-00085-2
- Spinach Pizza, 8-pack, made Jan. 30, with UPC 0-42272-00102-6
- Brown Rice and Vegetable Bowls, 12-pack, made Jan. 20, with UPC 0-42272-00161-3
- Stuffed Pasta Shell Bowls, 12-pack, made Jan. 20, with UPC 0-42272-00178-1
- Vegetable Lasagna, multi-pack, 6.57, CLUB, made Jan. 20, with UPC 0-42272-00201-6
- Vegetable Lasagna LIS, 12-pack, made March 14, with UPC 0-42272-00240-5
- Brown Rice and Vegetable Bowls LIS, 12-pack, made Jan. 19 and March 3, with UPC 0-42272-00243-6
- Gluten Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap, 12-pack, made Jan. 26 and Feb. 2, with UPC 0-42272-00807-0
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Veg Lasagna, 12-pack, made Feb. 4, with UPC 0-42272-00814-8
- Vegetable Lasagna, 8-pack, made Jan. 30, with UPC 0-42272-00032-6
- Enchilada Verde Whole Meal, 8-pack, made Jan. 30, with UPC 0-42272-00085-2
- Family Size Vegetable Lasagna, 8-pack, made March 4, with UPC 0-42272-00965-7
The bacteria can cause serious, potentially-fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems, and can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. Healthy people may suffer only short-term symptoms including high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
So far, no illnesses have been reported.
Consumers who purchased the products may take them back to the store where they were purchased for an exchange or a full refund or discard it.
For more information, please contact Amy's Kitchen at (707) 781-7535 or visit www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm439397.htm.
Amy's Kitchen recalls frozen meals over listeria fears
More TOP STORIES News