LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The homeless man accused of attacking "NCIS" actress Pauley Perrette near her Hollywood home last month pleaded not guilty in court on Wednesday.
David Merck, 45, is charged with false imprisonment by violence and making a criminal threat. If convicted, Merck faces up to four years in prison.
Perrette said on Nov. 12, Merck grabbed her by the arm, repeatedly threatened to kill her, and hit her in the nose. The actress said Merck kept telling her his name was William.
It wasn't until she told the man her nephew was named William that she said Merck stopped and fled the scene. Authorities found and arrested Merck later that night.
He remains in custody on $60,000 bail. Merck is due back in court Jan. 19 for a pretrial hearing.
City News Service contributed to this report.
Homeless man pleads not guilty in alleged attack of 'NCIS' actress Pauley Perrette
More TOP STORIES News