SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man delivered a false bomb threat to Santa Ana police Thursday night, through the city's newly installed Code Blue Help Points emergency phone line.
After warning the dispatcher, the man stated, "It's anonymous man. It's an anonymous call," before walking away.
Officers rushed to the area, located across the street from the Ronald Reagan Federal Building and Courthouse, only to discover the call was a fake.
"When you do this, whether it be here or at home, you're taking away valuable resources," Cpl. Anthony Bertagna said.
Officers pulled the video of the man's call on the department's new system and identified him as 47-year-old Michael Sebreros.
They previously arrested Sebreros Thursday morning for alleged malicious damage to a vehicle.
"We got a call of this suspect in a county parking structure. Officers got there, they saw the individual inside of somebody's car," Bertagna said.
Police believe he called in the threat a short time following his release from jail.
Sebreros was arrested a second time for making the false bomb threat and for possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
"(The help points are here) to help people feel safe and get help when they truly need it, it's not a toy," Bertagna said.
Man arrested for false bomb threat using Santa Ana Code Blue Help Points
More TOP STORIES News