Some residents displaced after Glendale apartment fire

KABC logo
Monday, May 29, 2017
Firefighters and authorities gathered outside of an apartment complex in Glendale after a fire broke out Monday, May 29, 2017.
Firefighters and authorities gathered outside of an apartment complex in Glendale after a fire broke out Monday, May 29, 2017.
KABC

GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Several residents were displaced Monday afternoon after an apartment fire in Glendale.

The blaze started around 1 p.m. at the complex in the 200 block of South Jackson Street. Firefighters said they believe the fire started because of a kitchen appliance.

An elderly man and woman escaped from their apartment and were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.