Burnt popcorn catches fire at AMC Theatre in Orange

ByABC7.com staff via KABC logo
Saturday, July 11, 2015
Burnt popcorn at an AMC Theatre in Orange caught fire and briefly shut down the business on Friday, July 10, 2015.
Burnt popcorn at an AMC Theatre in Orange caught fire and briefly shut down the business on Friday, July 10, 2015.
KABC

ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Burnt popcorn at an AMC Theatre in Orange caught fire and briefly shut down the business on Friday night.

The popcorn was placed in a sink at about 9:30 p.m. before smoldering and catching fire. The flames triggered an alarm.

An employee quickly put the flames out with a fire extinguisher.

The theater was evacuated, but reopened about 45 minutes later.