Rooftop pool heater glitch causes small explosion at The Standard

KABC logo
Friday, November 13, 2015
Fire engines are shown outside The Standard hotel in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015.
Fire engines are shown outside The Standard hotel in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015.
KABC

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A heater for the rooftop pool malfunctioned and caused a small explosion at The Standard hotel in downtown Los Angeles.

The incident occurred shortly before 10 p.m. Thursday. Firefighters say the glitch set off the hotel's sprinklers on the 10th, 11th and 12th floors, but didn't spark a fire.

Approximately 50 firefighters worked to remove water from the affected floors.

There was no word on how many guests had to be relocated. No injuries were reported.

The intersection of 6th and Flower streets was shut down following the incident but has since reopened.