BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A threat of violence against two Orange County high schools turned out to be a republication of a social media post that had led to an arrest earlier this week, police said Thursday.
The discovery of the post on Wednesday came one day after a 14-year-old was taken into custody on suspicion of making a separate threat of violence against Magnolia, Western, Cypress and Buena Park high schools.
The Western High School student "was identified and arrested prior to the school shootings threatened to occur on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017, per his Instagram post," the Anaheim Police Department said in a statement.
MORE: OC student, 14, arrested for online threats that triggered increased security at 4 schools
On Wednesday, the Buena Park Police Department launched an investigation involving Buena Park High School and another campus.
"School shooting post that surfaced today has been traced back to Buena Park & @BuenaParkPD will be leading that investigation," Anaheim police said on Twitter. "As of now, still no credible threat for Friday and APD will continue to have increased police presence at the schools and investigate any leads."
However, Buena Park police on Thursday morning said the post that prompted the second investigation was found to be a repost and that no new threat existed.
Some students said they are on edge.
"I don't want to come to school anymore. It's scary, I don't want to die," said student Josiah Washington.
When asked what he plans to do on Friday, he responded, "Pray. Hopefully it doesn't happen."
Threat against 2 Orange County high schools turns out to be social media repost, police say
More TOP STORIES News