OWENSBORO, KY --A man in Kentucky was seriously burned when an e-cigarette in his pocket exploded.
Surveillance video shows the customer standing at a gas station counter when flames suddenly start shooting out of his pants.
Josh Hamilton quickly reaches into his pockets and removes an e-cigarette, but his pants are still burning. Several store employees are seen trying to help him.
"I was shocked! I was like, 'What was that? You have a bomb in your pocket? I was like that! You carry your bomb in your pocket?' I was totally shocked and just like this my hands were on my head," gas station employee Manoj Kumar said.
Hamilton ran outside the door, past Kumar, and struggled to get his burning pants off. Gas station employee Jassie Singh then came out from behind the counter and sprayed Hamilton with a fire extinguisher.
Hamilton suffered second-degree burns to his thighs and legs.