Charges dropped against Venice hotel owner in homeless man's death

The front of the Cadillac Hotel in Venice Beach is shown in an undated photo. (KABC)

Charges have been dropped against a Venice hotel owner who had been accused of ordering the shooting death of a transient on the boardwalk last August.

Sris Sinnathamby was arrested shortly after the death of Jascent-Jamal Lee Warren.

Jascent-Jamal Lee Warren was shot and killed on the Venice Beach boardwalk near Rose Avenue and Ocean Front Walk on Sunday, Aug. 30, 2015.



Authorities said he ordered a security guard to shoot homeless people sitting next to his Cadillac Hotel.

But a judge on Wednesday dropped Sinnathamby from the case citing insufficient evidence.

Security guard Francisco Guzman was ordered held for trial on one count of murder, one count of attempted murder and one count of felon in possession of a firearm.

Warren was shot on Aug. 30 and a second man was shot in the leg. Investigators said witnesses told them the incident started with an argument and that the hotel owner directed Guzman to shoot Warren.
Related Topics:
newsmurdertrialhomicideVeniceLos AngelesLos Angeles County
(Copyright ©2016 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments