Be Amazing! expanding spider toys recalled due to ingestion hazard

LOS ANGELES

The company says the soft and colorful spiders can be mistaken as candy. If the toy is swallowed, it can expand inside the body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting and dehydration.

The company said ingestion could even be life-threatening. The marble-sized toys do not show up on X-rays and surgery is likely needed to remove it from the body.

Consumers who bought this toy should stop using it immediately. They can contact Be Amazing! Toys toll-free at (877) 798-9795 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. They can also access information from the company's website, www.beamazingtoys.com. Click on Safety Recall at the bottom of the page.

Copyright © 2019 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.