VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Target is planning to close 13 of its stores nationwide, including one in Victorville.
The store at 15321 Palmdale Road is slated to close on Jan. 30.
Target spokesperson Kristy Welker issued the following statement:
"The decision to close a Target store is not made lightly. We typically decide to close a store after careful consideration of the long-term financial performance of a particular location. Typically, the decision to close a store is as a result of seeing several years of decreasing profitability."
All eligible Target store employees affected by the shutdowns will be offered the option to transfer to other stores, according to Welker.
List of Target stores that will be closing:
1. Austin North East (Austin, Texas)
2. Suncoast Pasco County (Odessa, Florida)
3. Casa Grande, Arizona
4. Victorville, California
5. East Flint (Flint, Michigan)
6. Columbus Southwest (Columbus, Ohio)
7. Northridge (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
8. Superior, Wisconsin
9. Springfield, Ohio
10. New Ulm, Minnesota
11. Ottumwa, Iowa
12. Anderson, Indiana
13. Dixie Highway (Louisville, Kentucky)