"It's a lot quieter this year than it was last year," said Russell Wilson, an air traveler who felt the lack of passengers was due to the economy.
- Suter: Weather holds up holiday travel?
- Banfield: IE travel: Traffic up, flights down
- Lara: Smaller crowds than usual at LAX
- Hernandez: Fewer travelers on busiest travel day
"I have to put in the V-power gas. So yeah, it definitely made a difference in traveling this Thanksgiving," said motorist Amber Johnston.
The weather did play a role in making traffic a bit slower on Thanksgiving Eve. The rain caused some motorists to be stuck for several hours. So some say they would just rather stay home.
- Get more L.A. breaking news, weather, traffic and sports
- Have a news tip? Send your tips, video, or pictures