- Video: Lightning possible as stormy skies return
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
The umbrellas were sprouting like spring flowers in Glendale, as people were trying to dodge the rain.
There was no torrential downpour, but there was enough rain for drivers to turn on their windshield wipers.
Despite the damp inconvenience a lot of people say that they do not mind the rain.
"I think it is great. I think it is fantastic, because we need it. We need a lot of water," said Ron Williams, La Verne resident.
"For the middle of June this is wonderful. It is good to have it once or twice and then we will wait for the sun to come out," said Michael Jehdian, San Fernando Valley resident.
"It is peaceful and a change of pace. I am an accident attorney so it is also good for business," said Haig Ashikian, Encino resident.
Intermittent showers are forecasted through Friday night and possibly into Saturday.
Friday's rain comes just two days after a lightning storm left two women dead. One was struck by lightning and the other was crushed by a tree toppled by the wind.
- LIVE Doppler: Southland overview
- LIVE Doppler: North of L.A.
- LIVE Doppler: South of L.A.
- LIVE Doppler: Orange County
- LIVE Doppler: Riverside County
- LIVE Doppler: San Bernardino County
- LIVE Doppler: Ventura County