The event began its 123rd annual summer run on Friday under the theme "Come & Get It" with traditional fried food, carnival rides, pig races, concerts and other attractions.
The traditional fair food includes lots of treats like deep-fried cookie dough, zucchini and Klondike bars, bacon-wrapped pickles and bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Fairgoers will also be able to enjoy a new sideshow-type insect exhibit called Dr. Entomo's Palace of Exotic Wonders and trapeze attraction.
The fair is encouraging people to take public transportation to the event by bringing back the OC Fair Express bus service with locations across the county for just $2 each way.
The OC Fair Express will provide non-stop weekend bus service from nine locations from July 12 to Aug. 11. Buses will run hourly between approximately 2:30 p.m. and midnight on Fridays and 9:30 a.m. and midnight on Saturdays and Sundays.
People who choose to use public transit will also receive a coupon valid for $3 admission to the fair.
Riders can board for a one-way fare of $2 from nine locations:
- Fullerton Park and Ride, 3000 W. Orangethorpe Ave. in Fullerton
- The Depot at Santa Ana, 1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd. in Santa Ana
- Goldenwest Transportation Center, 7301 Center Ave. in Huntington Beach
- Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station, 1039 N. Pacificenter Drive in Anaheim
- The Village at Orange, 1500 E. Village Way in Orange
- Newport Transportation Center, 1550 Avocado Ave. in Newport Beach
- Laguna Hills Transportation Center, 24282 Calle de los Caballeros in Laguna Hills
- Irvine Metrolink Station, 15215 Barranca Parkway in Irvine
- Junipero Serra Park and Ride, Corner of 1-5 Freeway and Junipero Serra Road in San Juan Capistrano
The fair runs from noon to midnight on Fridays. Saturday and Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to midnight. The 23-day fair runs through Aug. 11.