NC worker poisons boss by putting Visine in drink

CANTON, N.C.

Christina Webb, 21, an employee at a North Carolina Pizza Hut, apparently didn't like the way her manager was running things, so when the supervisor's back was turned, the worker put Visine drops in her drink.

"I had nausea and vomiting for several days. I've had diarrhea. I've had chills. I haven't been able to eat. I ended up spending the day in the hospital," said the manager.

Dr. Marvin Williams of the Haywood Regional Medical Center said, like any other medication, ingesting enough of it can cause cardiac problems or death.

Because the poisoning happened on the job, workers' compensation is paying for the manager's medical bills.

Webb is facing a felony charge for distributing noxious material.

Copyright © 2019 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.