Phillip says this recipe originated at The Cheesecake Factory. While the chef there wouldn't give him the exact recipe, he gave him the ingredients involved.
Through trial and error over the years, Phillip developed a pretty good imitation that can be made very quickly:
- Start with ripe avocados and mash them up.
- Add sour cream, so that the combined mixture is smooth and light green.
- For this video, he used two and a half small avocados and about 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper, garlic salt, cumin (not too much it can be overpowering) and cayenne pepper to taste.
- And remember, you can always add more ingredients, so don't overdo it until you have done a taste test!