Student mixing chemicals causes small fire in USC building

A USC student accidentally caused a small fire in the basement of a campus building on Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015. (KABC)

A student mixing chemicals caused a small fire in a building on the University of Southern California campus Tuesday evening.

Shortly before 8 p.m. the fire broke out in a building the 3700 block of South McClintock Avenue. Los Angeles firefighters evacuated the building and shut off a gas leak. The fire happened in the basement of the five-story building.

No injuries were reported, and the leak was shut off around 8:30 p.m. The building did not sustain any damage, LAFD officials said.
Related Topics:
building firefirecollege studentuscLos AngelesLos Angeles County
(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)