Teen sues district for alleged Culver City High School rapes

ByLeo Stallworth and Hanna Chu KABC logo
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Teen sues district for alleged Culver City High rapes

CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenager is suing the Culver City School District after she claims she was sexually assaulted by three members of the Culver City High School football team.

The lawsuit says a group of boys attacked the girl, who was 14 at the time, at least three times in December 2013.

According to the complaint, the assailants forced the girl to perform sexual acts while the others watched and videotaped the alleged sexual acts. The video was then shared with other students, the complaint states.

Furthermore, the complaint alleges that when the girl alerted school officials about the rapes, the assailants confronted her "in an attempt to coerce her to lie and recant her allegations."

Jeremy Weaver, one of the players who was 18 at the time, pleaded no contest last year to a charge of oral copulation of a person under 18. He was sentenced to five years probation and ordered to stay away from the victim.

The other suspects who were minors at the time of the incidents were not charged with any crime.

"Our client had a very difficult emotional time coming forward," said attorney Judith Yedidsion.

The school district failed to monitor school grounds, the complaint states, and it failed to adequately supervise the assailants.

In a statement, the district said, "The Culver City Unified School District and our entire community believe the health, welfare and safety of our students is paramount, and we responded immediately and cooperatively to this incident with the Culver City Police Department."

The alleged victim now lives out of state. The alleged assailants were seniors in 2013 and are no longer students at Culver City High School.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

Copyright © 2026 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.